Transportation and Capacity Planning
In today's changing world of globalization and increasing fuel costs,
the rail map is changing. Railroads and industries are constantly looking
at ways of reducing their transportation costs and maximizing the use
of their assets. AllRail offers the necessary expertise that will help
you better plan your capital projects while minimizing investment costs.
Our Railroad Planning team works with you to help maximize the use of
your existing infrastructure while minimizing your capital investment.
So whether you're a Class 1 Railroad, a mining operation, passenger rail
service, or an industry, AllRail can help improve your rail operations.
Our services include:
- Operations review and efficiency improvements (optimization
- Recommending best use of existing capacity including practical
steps to increase capacity
- Plant expansions to handle more rail cars at your location
- New or expanded rail facilities to handle increased storage, receiving
or departing traffic
- Interface between rail and truck for transloading
- In-plant Rail optimization
- Yard/track layouts
- Computer simulations of your rail operation
- Accident/incident investigation with root cause analysis
and recommended improvements
- Safety Audits where we'll review your operations and train
handling, equipment, infrastructure to ensure safe operating practices
and recommend changes to meet or exceed industry safety standards
- Transportation Economics - costing studies and rail evaluation
enabling shippers and the serving railway to agree on an equitable shipping
- Expert witness for Rail related litigation - provide the necessary
expertise be it for operations, mechanical or track engineering in litigation
With AllRail's comprehensive suite of services, we can take the project
from conception to implementation be it an improved operating plan or
a plant expansion.